The Shellharbour Club is looking for a part-time Kitchen Hand who will be instrumental in supporting 8 different trend relevant food outlets and a large Events team. Being a team player is not simply a figure-of-speech, you naturally assist others with the smooth operations of the various kitchens.
We have an amazing back-of-house crew…think a large family made up of Chefs, Cooks and Kitchen Hands led by an inspirational Head Chef. Your interpersonal skills are excellent as you work in a large and modern premises.
Working within this role, you would be responsible for:
• Ensure food is prepared to appropriate standards.
• The safe handling and storing of food items.
• Maintaining product knowledge of all items on all current menus within areas worked.
• Ensuring all food and beverage service areas including kitchen and dish-wash areas are packed, stocked and ready for trade commencement.
• Maintaining safe, clean and comfortable premises in accordance with the Club policies and procedures
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Previous experience in a similar role including food preparation and cleaning experience.
• Strong work ethic.
• Flexible hands-on approach.
• Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
• Good working knowledge of WH&S principles, food safety and hygiene requirements
• A high level of accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
• Someone with motivation and a strong spirit who wants to grow within the business.
• Ability to work days, nights, split shifts and weekends.
We're growing fast and simply want great people along for the ride!
What can you expect in return?
All the benefits that come with permanent employment – paid leave entitlements, stable employment etc. How about a business that invests in our assets; latest equipment and systems, renovated spaces and of course; training and development for our people resources, we have all of this too.
We haven’t forgotten about other amazing benefits including uniforms provided, parking, and so forth - check out the Employee Benefits on our website.
If you are excited about the possibility of working for a business that continues to set the benchmarks for our competitors in the hospitality industry, then what are you waiting for? Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 18 January 2021
Please note due to the number of applications received; only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for any suitable positions within the Food & Beverage, Gaming, Cellar, Reception, Kitchen, Promotions or Maintenance departments, please complete the Employment Application Form online and submit a Cover Letter and Resume to complete your application.
Please note we do not always have vacancies in the above areas, therefore your application may only be reviewed if a suitable position does become available.
Sunday - Thursday: 10.00am - 4.00am
Friday, Saturday and Public Holidays: 10.00am - 6.00am
Christmas Day: Closed
Good Friday: Open